Saturday, August 18, 2012

Obey

Obey is a four letter word problematic to many. We sometimes bring attention to the youth who fail to obey. Needless to say its the bigger youth, men and women, who not only fail to obey, but choose to disobey. It's amazing how we ignore our disobedience and then attempt to justify our actions.

We will find an excuse and/or reason for our actions. We're too smart to say the devil made me do it, but attempt to plead temporary insanity. We may even attempt the I'm learning plea. Ever learning, and never coming to the knowledge of the truth.
2 Timothy 3:7

Rest assure difficulties and challenges face us all. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 Sometimes our intellect can get the best of us. Actually our intellect can trip us up and lead us to a place of disobedience.

Do you know disobedience can weaken our sensitivity to the Holy Spirit? It can cause us to hear wrong instead of right. It can make us choose our desires over His Will. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

Delayed Obedience is disobedience and Partial Obedience is also disobedience. Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and hearken than the fat of rams. 1 Samuel 15:22 It's easier to OBEY than disobey, repent and STILL OBEY.

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.   Isaiah 1:19

OBEY

1 comment:

  1. Ciara says yes we need to obey.
    God forgive me for my disobedience, I missed it, but thank you for one more chance to get it right. Here I go again I will Obey!

    ReplyDelete